Life is tough in the grim darkness of the zombie apocalypse. The steal command can be used to people, and zombies, whatever earthly possessions they happen to have remaining. Once someone has been stolen from, they are protected from theft for five minutes. If the target is unconscious, then any theft attempts are an automatic success, and you can steal anything from the target. If the target is awake, you can steal things only within containers, or not currently being held or worn.
- steal <item> from <living>
- steal something from <living>
- steal <item> from <container> in <living>
- steal something from <container> in <living>
250 command points.
There are two skills checks performed when stealing.
Stealing and Avoiding notice, both of which check subterfuge.theft.person against ? (possibly the observation skill of the target and of those in the room)
You may be attacked by npcs present in the room if they are allied with the target and they see the theft attempt.
- Stage 1: You feel a little more light fingered!
- Stage 2: You feel more capable of remaining unnoiced while stealing!