Project: Updating the Wiki

This is the general forum for discussions about, you know, whatever. It doesn't have to be Epitaph related. Go nuts.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mara
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Project: Updating the Wiki

Postby mara » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:41 pm

I've made it my personal mission to do research on food since it appears there was some kind of redesign since the wiki was created on it. I'm having fun with my scribbly notes. However, since I'm only used to doing base Wiki edits, not a complete page overhaul or build, I have some questions I'm hoping someone can help me with.

1) Is there some way I can create a phantom page that I can completely work on while all this is in progress? I'm worried I'm going to lose my physical paper scraps while I work out details of the system but don't want to keep updating the existing page with semi-inaccurate or incomplete info, especially since its looking like i'm going to completely redesign the display of the page.

(Ok, that was a numerical list of 1, but I'm sure i'll have other questions and I'll just keep adding them to this thread.)

cheeky

Re: Project: Updating the Wiki

Postby cheeky » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:02 pm

I use my User:Cheeky page for any work-in progress stuff and stuff I haven't found the right place for yet. So I'd just put stuff on your use page until you're ready to do whatever you have planned.

And remember, if things go horribly wrong, you can always revert to a previous version.

Also, good on you for contributing.

Edit: I'd like to recommend for food that you taste the foods and report the findings, if any, in their own column since that is more objective and useful than specific wellbeing adjustments, which could be wrong or missed due to regen or having that wellbeing attribute full.

mara

Postby mara » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:35 pm

User page? Hmm...

I started this just as a completely orphaned page with no links while I figure things out. http://epitaph.imaginary-realities.com/ ... Draft_Food

How would you recommend I best do "report" on findings then?

cheeky

Postby cheeky » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:59 pm

I'm not sure how to address this. What's confusing you and why don't you like the current food page?

Return to “Survivor Chat”