In the interest of equal time

Do you have an overflowing of love in your heart? Tell us here what it is that's currently making you happy.
cheeky

In the interest of equal time

Postby cheeky » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:58 pm

After one of my usual tirades about how something is horrible and blah blah blah, I'm left feeling like a crummy person.

So in order to balance things out in my own mind, I'd like to say a few things about a few things that are pretty fancy.

The crafting system here is lovely. It's done very well, and on a scale you don't see elsewhere. The varying levels of quality, materials, and the possibilities of enhancements mean there are a very large number of possibilities even for a single item. And I'm looking forward to what the next patch will bring.

The combat system has some concepts I've never seen elsewhere, or at least not done as well. Having a division of "in the scrum" and "on the sidelines" is pretty neato. I guess that just speaks for itself. Ranged weapons don't seem to really get used in other MUDs, but here, they're done and done right. I think another feature of combat that I really like the implementation of is the concept of being knocked prone.

One more thing, since I like things in groups of threes. Threes are great. Patches and patch notes. Sure, it can be a pain to wait for that next patch, but having patches prevents those horrible game-breaking errors, like logging in and being in limbo, or having a broken player object, and the like. And patch notes give us a lot to look forward to. I know I'm looking forward to quite a few things.

So here's to you, noble creators. I don't say Thank You enough, but today I want you to know that I appreciate the hard work and I feel bad about being a jerk all the time.

edit: extra love to Eek. He is a wonderful, helpful person.

Return to “Love In”